Saturday, October 1, 2011

Red October

Happy October First! To celebrate I thought long and hard and then delightfully decided to honor my mother's 2 year wish of buying a new purse. Now I've been thinking about buying one for about that long. Why? Because it's an overwhelming process! There are so many purses out there in the world. (am I really writing in my blog about the dilemma of purse shopping? furthermore, do I really have a blog?) Anyway during my 2 year long purse pondering process I really only decided on one thing: the color red. And so yesterday while pleasantly eating lemon sherbet and innocently strolling down a narrow cobblestone alley, (behind a couple where the girl-lover was a head and a half taller than her guy-lover. giggle), I spied a beautiful red purse in the window of a sleek looking boutique. And well, 15 minutes and 25 euros later, I have what the shop owner described to me as a 'doctor's vintage style medical bag'. I really don't love his selling description, but we became buddies in those 15 minutes and he told me he'd keep me in the loop on upcoming sales. Not too bad for the first day of October, hm?

1 comment:

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Love the red purse! Don't throw away your old one... we can take it to the leather shop in Savannah and have a replica made :)